Boat Launch Permits
The Town owns and maintains a boat landing at 405 Pinckney Street. A permit is required to launch any type of watercraft at the landing. Annual permits are $50 for residents in the Town limits and $100 for non-residents.
Permits can be purchased at Town Hall or online through the links to the right (bottom of the page for mobile devices). To qualify for the resident rate, you will need to provide a copy of a current tax bill showing ownership of property within town limits.
Town staff cannot modify or forgive a citation after it is issued. Please see rules below.
- Vehicles using the boat launching and landing facilities without a valid permit/sticker will be ticketed and a fine imposed. The Town has jurisdiction on this property.
- Stickers must be placed on the rear window on the driver’s side of vehicle. All stickers must be permanently attached to the rear window and in plain view and NOT obscured in any way.
- Vehicles with attached trailers and boats are prohibited from parking along the roadsides within the Town of McClellanville. Vehicles will be ticketed.
- Park in designated spaces only. Pull your vehicle and trailer straight into one parking space. Vehicles parked at angles that restrict the use of neighboring parking spaces and vehicle will be ticketed.
- One (1) sticker per vehicle.
- Purchase of permit does not guarantee parking availability.
- Keep landing area, waterways, and the Town of McClellanville litter free. (leave no trace behind)
- A sticker will only be replaced if the old sticker is brought into town office. Otherwise, a new permit will be issued at full price. (ex. trade/sell car, replace back glass, etc. remove sticker and bring in as many pieces as possible, including the permit number, for replacement.)
To apply for an annual launch permit by mail, please enclose:
- a copy of a current tax bill if you are applying for the resident rate
- payment in the form of a check or money order (please do not mail cash)
- payable to The Town of McClellanville
- the completed permit application
Town of McClellanville
405 Pinckney Street
McClellanville, SC 29458
The decals will be mailed to you with the address you provided on application.
Vehicles at the boat landing not displaying a current year decal will be issued a citation. Tickets for violations, with required state assessments and surcharges, normally are $74.90 and higher. If you receive a citation you must either forfeit and pay the penalty or notify the town offices that you wish a hearing before the Town Municipal Court within 10 days of the violation.
Town staff cannot modify or forgive a citation after it is issued.
* Credit Card Services for the Town are provided by SC.Gov, a third party, working under contract administered by the South Carolina State Budget Control Board, Division of State Information Technology (DSIT). Services purchased through SC.Gov will include a small access fee. The Town of McClellanville does not receive any fees related to the use of credit/debit cards. The funds are retained by SC.Gov, the state’s official web portal, and used to develop, maintain, enhance and expand the service offerings of the state’s portal. We continue to accept cash and checks.