Boat Launch Permits
The Town owns and maintains a boat landing at 405 Pinckney Street. A permit is required to launch any type of watercraft at the landing. Annual permits are $50 for residents in the Town limits and $100 for non-residents.
Permits can be purchased at Town Hall or online through the links to the right. To qualify for the resident rate, you will need to provide a copy of a current tax bill showing ownership of property within town limits.
To apply for an annual launch permit by mail, please enclose:
- a copy of a current tax bill if you are applying for the resident rate
- payment in the form of a check or money order (please do not mail cash)
- payable to The Town of McClellanville
- the completed permit application – found in Forms on main menu
Town of McClellanville
405 Pinckney Street
McClellanville, SC 29458
The decals will be mailed to you with the address you provided on application.
To apply for a launch permit in person, please bring a copy of your current tax bill and vehicle registration for the residential rate.
Vehicles at the boat landing not displaying a current year decal will be issued a citation. Tickets for violations, with required state assessments and surcharges, normally are $74.90 and higher. If you receive a citation you must either forfeit and pay the penalty or notify the town offices that you wish a hearing before the Town Municipal Court within 10 days of the violation.
Town staff cannot modify or forgive a citation after it is issued.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the office at 843.887.3712.
* Credit Card Services for the Town are provided by SC.Gov, a third party, working under contract administered by the South Carolina State Budget Control Board, Division of State Information Technology (DSIT). Services purchased through SC.Gov will include a small access fee. The Town of McClellanville does not receive any fees related to the use of credit/debit cards. The funds are retained by SC.Gov, the state’s official web portal, and used to develop, maintain, enhance and expand the service offerings of the state’s portal. We continue to accept cash and checks.